Saturday, May 23, 2015

Gameplay Journal 23: Playing Assassins

Silent as a rogue, I watched my first target. He was loading boxes among other crewman, but the burning hand on his neck left no mistake. He had gotten out of sync with the others, and he paused to inspect a crate. I drew my blade, and struck from the shadows. The steel easily slid between ribs and stilled his heart.

I quickly searched him for anything valuable, then slid his body quietly beneath the waves. A score and four other spies were similarly slain, their corpses stripped of valuables and hidden where none would find them for days. 

On my way back to Chateau De Resistance, I heard a gnomish war cry coming from a half collapsed tavern. Peeking through the window, I saw Hawk and Obez finishing off the last few of what must have been a dozen men. I loosed two arrows hurriedly through the gaps in the rubble, and continued on my way. Everyone returned before the sun rose, more or less safe. We boasted of our kills and plunder, and drank till dawn.

No comments:

Post a Comment