Sunday, May 24, 2015

Gameplay Journal 24: Temporal Troubles with Magical Chaos

Eredil and Suri must have terrible hangovers because they have been moaning in their room all day. The rest of the group, and Sandwich were below ground watching Bright Eyes practice her fireball. I set up kebabs stick out of the wall so she could get a sense of her range. Also, they were quite tasty. Oh, the magical chaos that has recently plagued the arcane was very entertaining, and usually harmless. On the seventh cast, something ludicrous pulled us all through space and time. We had finally made it to Tantras, but the giant bug that was left beaten and dead in the street, spoke of a time before the gods fell.

A monk of the Vaasa Region (impeccably toned) smoothly stepped down from the giant insect's carapace, he helped Bright Eyes and myself to our feet. We four strangers were greeted and invited to the festival. Sandwich was greeted by an old friend, I sped off to a loudly announced archery contest, Hawk met a druid who could turn into a bird (they had to race at flying) and Bright Eyes was left in Obez's care.

I patiently waited, trying not to watch as several commoners butchered my art. When it was my turn, I drew and loosed the arrow as I asked what the grand prize was. When it landed in the bull's eye, the man who had been charging entry's jaw dropped. He began counting out half the day's collection. I readied another arrow, and asked "will you halve your share again if I can split my arrow?" and let fly. A very unique splintering thud was heard before he had time time answer. "If I can do it again, will you throw in your fancy hat?", and drew a third arrow across my chest. The crowd hushed. The splintering thud rang out again. The crowd cheered, the man surrendered his hat, and his pot of gold. I bowed, stowed my winnings, and donned my new hat with a flourish.

Yoffa, the monk who had first greeted us in this time, carried the claws of the slain beast on his back. He was looking for a taxidermist to turn them into a trophy. I offered my service, "Are you sure you want a mere decoration? I could turn them into a wicked sword!" He agreed and we gathered some other supplies I'd need, handles and bindings and such. A masterpiece of oversized weaponry was created before the day was out. Modeled after a zanbato (a ludicrously large greatsword meant to cut through horse and rider in a single swing) it's natural sharpness and serrations ensured none would quickly recover from it's wounds. I couldn't help but add a tube that would launch my torpedos (in the event that I find it in the future). As the sun set, we accidental travelers of time faded out of existence to return to our proper time and place. I can't wait to hear Bright Eyes explain to Suri how she got a goldfish!

No comments:

Post a Comment