Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Gameplay Journal 26: Planning a Rescue

We had a final mission, rescue El Gato. Rumor has it he is held prisoner in the basement of a large mansion on the coast. He is being tortured by Bane’s high ranking wizards, and guarded by mercenaries. Hearing Bane’s followers were in a specific place was enough for me. I headed out the door, thinking up a plan while I took count of who followed me.

Fortunately for Pantherman, Hawk and Obez both felt the need to relieve the Shadowdalian from his captors. The gnome’s tunneling prowess could prove useful for getting below the building without detection. We arrive at the coastline and see one mansion obviously guarded. Two smaller houses stood outside the walls of its yard.

After some breaking and entering, these seemed absolutely abandoned; all riches had been left behind. Lamps were present in every room, and I knew I’d find some lamp oil somewhere. The Plan now included arson as a distraction, though I wouldn’t be upset if Bane’s witches were caught up in the blaze.

I explained the plan to Hawk so he could keep the gnome on track. They were to dig a tunnel for this cellar to that of the guarded mansion while I sneaked past the guards and delivered some Mirabar cocktails through the windows. These were improvised firebombs (classically made with high proof alcohol) popularized by the rioters of Mirabar used in protest of an attempt to make alcohol illegal to sell or consume.

No comments:

Post a Comment