Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Gameplay Journal 27: The Rescue

The guards were half asleep, shuffling lazily about their posts. I swiftly leaped over the wall between two patrols. Landing quiet as a cat on the other side, I skulked into position. Concealed by trees and bushes, I drew my knife and stabbed it into the soft soil, instantly regretting the cleaning and honing that would need to recover the razor edge it had. 

I listened to the blade as it resonated with Obez’s pick. I waited until I was certain he was beneath me, then lit and threw my grenades, praying they would find a hard surface to shatter against. The orange glow that erupted from the windows told me my prayers had been answered. The alarm was raised and the guards raced for the house to offer assistance, leaving my escape wide open.

I followed the gnome’s tunnel until I caught up to them. Obez was putting the finishing touches on a pitfall trap when a wizard fell through the weakened floor. Dazed and wearing the wretch burning hand of Bane, he wasn’t given trial before I executed him. Hawk (still disguised as a gorilla) leaped from the hole roaring at the other wizards.

I heard them panic, and I too leaped from the tunnel to see them running for the door. I threw their companions head at them, hoping to knock one off balance, but he showed surprising dexterity and caught it. Recognition flashed across his face and panic took over, he charged through his allies, knocking them aside. I through an unlit bottle of oil at them. It shattered over the group of panicked sorcerers soaking all of their robes as they continued their dash upstairs. Wretched screams were heard soon after. Eredil and Obez pummeled the one mage who didn’t freak out. 

All opposition dealt with, we found panther dude covered in an imprisoning slime. The gnome produced some toast, Pelor knows not from where, and calmly transferred the slime slice by slice to his iron stomach. Pantherman was unimpressed by being woken by a  gorilla. We exited through the tunnel, and made our way back to HQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment